Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Jakarta: The Second Take



Last time I went to Jakarta was 2011, I was alone with my friend last time, this time I was with them… the whole family. I was familiar already and felt at home with Jakarta since my first trip. I already felt at home during my first stay that I know this second round would be a breeze.


We arrived around 1900H it was already dark, so we decided to head out to my aunt’s place to drop off our baggage & have dinner in Central Park Mall since it was just across their place. We had dinner at Hong Kong Kitchen. I ordered backed rice same with my cousins. It was a cheesy tasty treat.
After which we rested for our early morning adventure the next day, which is our Bandung Trip. You can find my blog about our Bandung Trip here.
 Bandung
Bandung

After our overnight in Bandung, we headed back to Jakarta. In the Morning, my aunt brought us to the churches near their place. So we went on an early Visita Iglesia, or church hopping. 
Theresia

Theresia's Garden of Prayer

Cathedral
An Organ

This just reminded me of the Abbey of Montserrat Church in San Beda Mendiola
 

My Christian Friends (CF) family back in PH told some Indo CFs that I was in Jakarta so they tried to reach me & invite me to dinner. They wanted to meet me in Senayan but it was my last night in Indonesia & we were to have our early Christmas dinner. So they just messaged me that some will try to meet me in Kopitiam, Central Park.
With my Indo CF Ates: Left-Ate Alifia, Center-Ate Eka & Right-Me


I really had a good time with them even just for a short while, Ate Eka & Ate Alifia gave me good laughs & a happy last day in Jakarta.
After our simple gathering I headed out to TGI Fridays to meet my family who is already seated and waiting for the orders, while they also asked me if I wanted something else.
It was a great short 5 day trip, but since it was our first family trip abroad, it was really an unforgettable one.

PS since we were 7 all in all, we weren't able to fit in my Aunt's unit so they rented another unit which was in the same Bldg Compound as theirs, just another Tower. It was really a nice and affordable place to stay especially for a family or a group of friends. The rooms are very well kept & I love that the units are well decorated with a color theme, ours was the GREEN ROOM!
Here's some Pics...

Kitchen Counter

Living Room

Small Room

Big Room with one TV & Closet

For details, I'll leave you the Calling Card


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Hope your feet got itchy to try this place. Feel free to express that though you have there I would love to hear from you...

Recent Comments