Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jakarta: My First (August 18- First City Proper Tour)



 August 18- Day 6


Our second school visit is Eric’s school, Ichtus School (West). Ichthus Schools consist of Sekolah Ichthus Jakarta (West) and Ichthus International School (South) are Christian School. Ichthus Schools, under the aegis of PT Bina Putera Raya, opened its branch in West Jakarta in 2001. The second branch in the South opened its doors in 2002. The school caters to children of 6 years and above and students are multi-cultural, mulit-national, multi-lingual and represent various religious backgrounds.

It was their sports fest so we got to watch them play. Though it was an international school, their sports fest is somewhat similar with that of the first school we visited. There were again parlor games, tough there were some familiar games like tug-o-war, synchronized walking & dodge ball that we also play during sports fest under the minor games.

After the games, we were toured by my cousin to his small but really close to nature school. I really loved the feel of the school, it was like a small house in a middle of a village yet when you go inside classrooms and different activity rooms.

Peking Duck Meal costs around Php150 with drinks
We went back to their apartment and was asked by my uncle to change to go to the mall and have a snack. We ate at ice bowl in Central Park then, he again brought us to Central Jakarta. And he brought us to Mall Grand Indonesia & also Plaza Indonesia. After the short tour we were toured to the city.
at last I experienced Jakarta traffic! Haha

 
City Proper


Plaza Indonesia From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org)

We went inside the malls and even did some window shopping. We went to the bookstore since my cousin needed some books for school. I was excited to see a palate of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (final book), because I was actually collecting the book series and I lack this final book and the 5th, HP and the Order of the Phoenix. But as soon as I opened the book, I felt different, it's not published by Scholastic Publishing, but by Gramedia Publishing. Then I opened the pages... BOOM! It was in Bahasa Indonesia. I felt soooo sad during that time. But looking back now I should have bought that book so that I had one cool copy of the HP series with my collection.

It was a bit late when we went back to the Appartment in North Jakarta. Though, the traffic was still there it was better than that afternoon. My Uncle says that it really is like that here, rush hour means hell for drivers and the other "time slots" are just A-okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Hope your feet got itchy to try this place. Feel free to express that though you have there I would love to hear from you...

Recent Comments