Monday, August 15, 2011

Jakarta: My Firsts (August 15- First Date???)



August 15- Day 3

Me & my friend slept a bit late because we helped my cousins do their homework after the safari trip, and that is my reasoning to why we woke up late the following morning. It was a Monday, so they woke up around 0400H and were preparing their breakfast and packed lunches that woke me up. It was also the first time I saw my cousins in their school uniforms (live not just in pictures) so I took a picture of them. I told my aunt we would go to the malls and try to look for some stuffs. After they have left, around 0500H, I went back to sleep.  I woke up again around 0800H I opened my aunt’s laptop and did some FB and Twitter checking. Then I messaged my mom.
At around 0900H I woke my friend up, but he was as usual refusing to open his eyes so I just went out and prepared breakfast. I drank 2 cups of milk and even made some sandwiches. He stood up around 0930H and ate breakfast. After our breakfast and prepping we headed up to talk about where to go first. We decided to go to the mall near us.


We headed out to Central Park. It’s a new mall and it pretty much looks like Greenbelt in Makati,PH. Only it has a bigger park where they said has fireworks displays every night (as I was like daig si Henry Sy!) Since it has high end stores all over we just lurked around until 1200H then we felt a bit hungry. So we looked for a traditional Indonesian restaurant and ate there. The food was great but some of them is really spicy, though the waiters would eventually warn foreigners that it’s spicy. But then again, we were hard headed and wanted to test our spice tolerance so we tried on the spicy dried noodles, it was like Pancit Canton but super duper spicy, we even cried eating it! To think we love spicy food.


After lunch we saw a perfume shop near the place so we lurked into the sop and tried some perfume. My friend actually bought some for his mom & sister. After more lurking we then headed out to the next mall, Taman Angrek.

Taman Angrek was just a wall apart from Central Park though we exited the wrong exit so we kinda walked a bit longer than usual. It was a more cheaper mall, it was somewhat similar to SM malls. It has a simple department store and a collection of different stores. I even saw something familiar… A Kamiseta Store! (yes as in the Philippine local brand Kamiseta) I’m actually a Kamiseta girl and I even do have one shirt from that store that I brought for the trip. I was really excited though as I entered the store I see familiar designs, they were old designs. I even saw one of my shirt designs there.
from http://landmark.indonesia.is/auto_/intranett1/Product/252/1.jpg

After that we headed out to Mal Ciputra. We rode a bus going to the mall though it was really near just a block away from Central Park. This mall is one of the cheapest malls. Though you may not find the cheapest deals here but it is cheap compared to the first two. I really liked the concept of this mall not having any stairs. Though there was one elevator. Why? It is shaped spirally. Though the down fall is that if you have balance problems, like I do, you might get dizzy getting into the different floors. I also like the concept of their fast food…

I remembered that my priority souvenir is a Starbucks tumbler so I rushed to Starbucks to buy one. It costs a lot more than the ones here in the Philippines and yes so as the coffee. I decided to buy a demitasse and another collector’s limited edition mug in commemoration to the independence day of Indonesia. And yeah I also bought a grande mocha frapp and their baristas do speak English too. They greet in English then wait for a response from the customer, but unlike in the Philippines where they speak English all throughout the transaction, they speak in Bahasa if the customer is Indonesian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Hope your feet got itchy to try this place. Feel free to express that though you have there I would love to hear from you...

Recent Comments