Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jakarta: My Firsts (August 16- First Aider)



August 16-Day 4

Me & my friend decided to visit my cousins’ schools (they study in two different schools) and lucky it was actually their sports day which schools there usually celebrate during independence day. So we joined them. We left the house around 0500H it was a long travel to their school. It was like Alabang to Manila via Roxas Blvd. and yes it was also traffic. We even encountered a motor accident and my aunt said that unlike the Philippines their police come faster than ours way back home and it was not just the police but also an ambulance service come with the call. My Cousin Andre’s school’s name is Pelangi Kasih which according to him means “Rainbow”. We reached the school around 0630H and he was the first student.



His school was like my College alma mater. It is just situated in a building which I think was really intended for office use than a school, so yeah it’s similar to Makati Medical Center College of Nursing’s Libran Building. It also has the same feel. They house few students like about 20-40 students average per grade level with 2 sections. So their classrooms are designed with a “home feel”

from Kiostix (http://www.kiostix.com/)
We then joined the bus to the sports venue which is The BritAma Arena. They said that basketball games for ASEAN and even local games are usually held there. They just rented the outside courts. I was a bit shocked to know that their “sports fest” is actually composed of parlor games instead of the usual sports like basketball, volleyball, Tennis, etc. It was fun to see the innocence the students have. They had some injuries like sprain, cramps just those simple injuries so we helped.


After the games we went back to the school and my aunt told us to go to the 2 nearest malls to roam around and my cousin who is just 8 years old. So we were a bit hesitant but then my aunt said don’t worry he knows the place because they always head there if they have free time. So we first went to Mall of Indonesia. The mall opened around 1100H so we were a bit early so we waited. The mall is the biggest mall during that time. It has a mixture of high end and tiangge/exhibits. You could compare the mall to Alabang Town Center.
from Indoneyesia's Blog (http://indoneyesia.files.wordpress.com/)

We had lunch at A&W which is a long gone restaurant in the Philippines. Then we continued roaming around then we decided to go to the next mall.
Mal Artha Gading is just a block away MOI so we just walked there. It is similar to Festival Supermall Alabang, PH. We enjoyed looking at the marked down items by the department store kiosks. The sales men told us there are more upstairs in the department store so we decided to take a look at the department store. After shopping my cousin asked me if we could go to the arcade so that he could play and I agreed. We went to the arcade and he played 2-4 games then he said he already finished up his budget so now we can go. I asked him if he still wants to play I could give him IDR 25.000 he said yes we played then after he exchanged the ticket for a ballpen and some candy. Then we went back to his school where my aunt is still finishing her paper works. When my Aunt came down my cousin gave her the ballpen (so cute right). Then we went home with his school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Hope your feet got itchy to try this place. Feel free to express that though you have there I would love to hear from you...

Recent Comments